Monday, September 13, 2010

The Excellent 11- Chapter 1- Enthusiasm

This chapter was absolutely amazing. I've always said that when I become a teacher, my goal is to make my students excited about learning and getting involved. If I'm excited about what I'm teaching and can go about it in an effective manner, my students will become much more involved in the learning process and be excited about learning. When I was in school, I could always tell a difference in the teachers that were excited about teaching and those that just considered it a way to put food on the table. The teachers that were enthusiastic about teaching always got the students excited about what kinds of things we were going to learn next. We couldn't wait to see what kind of project or experiment we were going to have the next day. However, those that were just there to get paid always made us feel uncomfortable, almost like we were walking on eggshells. Those are the teachers that made me feel like I couldn't ask questions or make statements in class. A teacher's outlook on learning and teaching can affect students a lot more than many people understand. If can literally make or break a student's ability and desire to learn. Ron Clark has many excellent ideas to make learning fun and exciting for students. I definitely plan on taking some of his ideas and incorporating them into my classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment