Sunday, September 26, 2010

The Excellent 11- Chapter 3- Creativity

This chapter was definitely one of the most helpful things I've ever read. It was so full of ideas and new ways to help the students learn but still keep things creative and fun. Creativity in the classroom has always been a concern of mine. How will I teach my students in a way that will be fun and exciting for them? This chapter has really opened my eyes to a lot of things I could possibly do to help the students have fun at the same time they're learning. My favorite part was when Mr. Clark talked about his class reading "The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe" and the hunt for the witch in their school. My third grade class did a similar thing to that. It was a lot of fun to go room to room, teacher to teacher, looking for clues. I also loved his idea about the vocabulary and the classroom dictionaries. This chapter has made me very excited about teaching and being creative with the different content areas I will be teaching.

No comments:

Post a Comment