Sunday, November 14, 2010

The Excellent 11- Chapter 9- Common Sense

Common sense is a very important part of teaching. It's definitely apparent that what is common sense to an adult or teacher may not be common sense to a student. Sometimes, it is best to go into great detail when you're dealing with young students. They may or may not understand exactly what you are asking for even though it may seem pretty black and white to you. I love what Ron did with his classroom materials list and the organization of the materials. Organization was always difficult for me in elementary school. No one had ever shown me how to organize my notebooks, binders, or my locker. I think it is so important to show your students how to be organized so they can quickly find their pencils, homework, books, etc... Using common sense while you're teaching can really help you stay on your toes, as well. It can help you make split-second decisions and ultimately decisions that will benefit your classroom the most.

No comments:

Post a Comment