Sunday, November 14, 2010

Teach Like Your Hair's On Fire- Chapter 14- Goin' Mobile

Chapter 14- Goin' Mobile
This chapter was pretty neat, also. When I think about taking my future classroom on a field trip, my mind begins to spin. I just can't comprehend how I'm going to go about keeping 20+ students under control long enough for them to gain some kind of knowledge from the field trip. Rafe's class trips served many different purposes, and the preparation they went through before-hand was very impressive. Learning the history behind the places you are going is a great way to get the students to respect and appreciate the trip even more. Still, it seems too good to be true and very unrealistic. I can't imagine teaching my future students all the things Rafe teaches his students, let alone having them act upon all of that in a real life situation such as a hotel room or an airplane. But small class trips are a great idea. It gets the students out of the cramped, cluttered classroom and into the real world. I know as a student I thoroughly enjoyed field trips, even if it was just to the local high school to watch their choir perform. Class trips are a great way for students to spend time together and bond, as well. Not only will they bond with each other but with their teacher, as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment